Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What do I do now? When life takes the training wheels off.


I always knew that keeping a journal was healthy, but now it's something that's more cathartic than therapeutic. My little snow globe of life was shaken violently starting in May 2008. Up until now the pieces have not settled. Instead, the glass and all of it's contents have shattered. The now misshapen pieces are out of sync and I'm adapting to a new way of existing. I will continue to exist until I understand how to live. I'm going to blog about a series of events that have occurred since May so that I can catch you all up to speed. When the training wheels come off and the growing pains of life occur, then you know you are alive. Someone wrote that being happy was a diseased state of existence, because it meant that you were not dealing with life realistically, that was some sad dude. I'm happy because it's a CHOICE. I choose to be happy and that's why I can be honest in the blogs to come. Welcome to my blog.....

This is my tag line....

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ANNE BRADSTREET M
editations Divine and Moral

12 comments:

gata104 said...

I promise to use a more legible font next time. :)

G said...

I'm so happy to hear from you even if it's through this blog! I knew you were heading home and were probably occupied with that with your fam. I'm glad you're finally out of the hospital and just in time for your birthday! I miss you and hope to see you soon! Blog's are great, I look forward to checking out your thoughts :)

Ben said...

Olivia, thanks for the blog so we can all keep up to date with you without bugging you so much! We miss you tons and wish you the best! Love, Ben and Sheri

Electra said...

Ok, so I'm sooo new to blogging....think you'll get this ; )
When are we having a chic flick nite? I'll invite joe-joe and aaron, maybe joe'll get pants again - good times.

juicy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
juicy said...

I love you dude!

Julie said...

Hi sweetie ~ This is such a wonderful idea. I am sorry I haven't seen you. You have been on my mind so much & I will have you in my prayers every day for the rest of our lives. Your blog is amazing as are you. I can't wait to check back regularly. xoxoxox

CHESTER said...

Glad to hear from you Liv's. Glad to see you are home and you are happy. I am happy with you. We got to watch Nacho Libre together and laugh all night and eat popcorn and chicken feet together and talk about good o' times. Miss ya.

Electra said...

hey girlie - the skylark profile w/no pic is me, erase it - it was a trial and error lame attempt at trying to figure out bloggin'.

Ps. really like juicy's artwork.... tell her I'll be her muse ;) Are those old or new pics can't tell...?

debie said...

Hi Olive, It's good to hear from you. I'm sorry that I haven't been by trying to get all the college stuff done as well as all the other stuff. Would it be alright if I stopped by on Sat.to see you. Let me know.
Love Debie

Unknown said...

Hi Ms. Olivia,

I'm really happy your home and your finally on your way to transitioning to your new life. You always know how to make the best of things and how to inspire people. I hope now that we can all inspire you in your new journey. Richard and I love you very much and you are always in our prayers. I really need to say that I am so grateful to say that to you now and that you are still with us. Love Tina S.

ruben said...

Hi Livis,

You are my HERO!!! The human spirit triumphs not so much by what happens to us but how we respond to the event in our lives. All of us have had tragedies and will continue to face obstacles in our life. You have set for us an example that is beyond words. Your choice to be happy and dare I say content can only be because of the character of your heart and the power of God in you.
I join your other friends and family in thinking and praying for you daily. Can't wait to hear more and visit with you soon.
Ruben L.

Post a Comment

 
You haven't won over me yet.. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino