Friday, October 15, 2010

The Hills Are Alive - With the Sound of ......


I came home to a nice quiet house which is rare and most welcome.  After a long Access ride and 4 stops, stretching from Manchester to the far ends of the San Fernando Valley, while surrounded by the sounds of KRZA a.k.a. La Raza radio station  (Mexican Polka and love songs), yes, quiet is most welcome.

Usually I'm greeted by 2 overly excited doggies (which I love) and a soundtrack of mom cooking/bustling around the house, Ollie and/or Kat talking, watching t.v., playing games, listening to music to workout to, and the animals stampeding up and down the stairs while conversing with one another.  All this is accented by overtones of the house phone ringing incessantly with calls regarding home repair, my brother's friend's phone calls, lawyers and collection agencies looking for my dad, who is M.I.A., and charities looking for donations.  (You donate once and you're on the "hot" list, I swear!).  


We also have something called "dueling banjos".  It's the sound of all the t.v.s on at the same time.  Due to the build of the house and the physics of acoustics, me and Ollie play "dueling banjos".  You know like when a commercial comes on at about 10 decibels louder than the program you're watching and you adjust to not hear the commercial, then adjust the volume again so you can hear what's going on in the show you're watching??? lol. Thank God for DVR.  In addition to our capability to skip t.v. commercials by watching recordings, I've conformed to watching t.v. on my laptop with headphones and watching actual t.v. at about 2 a.m.  


2 a.m. is one of my favorite times of the day.  It's quiet.  I can watch t.v. or read, but then I won't get any sleep.  So, I  end up staying up late if I know I'm off the next day.  :)

And, occasionally we have guests, my brother's close friends, which love to hang out at the house and talk about life because they're at the age where life is becoming more "real".  You know, the mid to late 20's.  Everything old to us is new to them and they have to share, sometimes commiserate.  Me and my brother tend to be great listeners and attract people who want to share.

Don't get me wrong, I love having company now and again, but sometimes, sometimes, SOMETIMES


I  -  just  -  want  -  quiet........



1 comments:

Unknown said...

haaa! Love it!

Post a Comment

 
You haven't won over me yet.. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino