Thursday, July 2, 2009

Effing L.A. Fitness

Prior to my accident I had worked with a personal trainer for 6 weeks. For the first time in my life I was a gym rat (willingly). Being a little more fit probably helped me when I was hit. Two days ago I opened my Capital One statement and realized that L.A. Fitness was still billing me for membership dues. The fees were doubled every month because I had given my brother a membership for his birthday hoping that he would go with me to the gym, no dice. Anyhow, my mother had gone in December to cancel the membership. She returned another time to bring a Dr.'s letter in order to get reimbursed for the remainder of my training sessions. In requesting for my "membership" to be canceled, she simply inquired if the gym offered access for disabled people. They said yes, but forgot to cancel my membership. A form was required to cancel, but in all honesty, that form is no where to be found and the manager should have offered my mother the opportunity to freeze the account until such time. They didn't.

A call was put into the corporate office and after being on eternal hold (o.k. 20 minutes, same difference) I spoke to someone who refused to refund me. After explaining my situation with the accident/hospitalization, she put me on hold, then offered me 2 months reimbursement. When I asked how to go about complaining about the manager, I followed up with the Better Business Bureau reviews about the company and how the corporation seemingly existed to drain bank accounts. I was put on hold, again. Then she offered to reimburse me for 3 months. Since I didn't want to put any more effort into this, I accepted it.

Ef L.A. Fitness.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
You haven't won over me yet.. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino