Thursday, March 14, 2013

Think About It

I've upped my game and have a plan at the gym.  The short term goal (half/joke half/not) is that I want to be able to change the water bottle on the cooler at work.  It's 40+ pounds.  Workouts have been appropriately renamed "Olive B's Water Cooler Training".

Mental workouts have been suffering because, well, I never thought about working out my mental wellness. 

At C.O.R.E. (www.corecenters.info) a friend and fellow gym buddy decided to step up to the plate as he had been practicing meditation for many years.  He explained his journey, the desire to teach, and desire to help those of us who were already helping ourselves.  The gym is becoming a total wellness center for me.

Meditation with Andy started at the perfect time.  I needed to learn how to calm myself and focus on the daily tasks at hand as everything has been so up and down, and for the most part, overwhelming.

The first session taught me how to focus on breathing and how to compartmentalize and separate feeling and thoughts from the "now".  I discovered a little "me".  A perfect little version of myself that reminded me of my original blue print, my uniqueness, and how special I am to be part of this life, that I am meaningful in my existence in this great big universe.

This little "me" loves the big me and helps me to heal by touching, in fact painting, all the parts of my body that are injured and need healing.  It kind of looks like this.

I next discovered an older girl version of myself that was hurt, lost, that needed love and encouragement.  Vulnerability was rediscovered and I literally cried.

My first practical situation was like this:

I woke up to an abrupt chaotic morning.  I thought it was saturday, ignored the alarm, woke up to Access calling me to pick me up and there I was, in bed.  I took a breath, decided to accept the situation, the chaos, and all went peacefully.  


I called the service center to let them know that I might take too long to get ready and with no explanation the Access operator said the driver would wait.  This is UNHEARD of.  The driver waited 10 minutes (with a passenger in the vehicle).  I put myself together asap without panic and chaos and we took off. ::scratching head::

Anywho, I made it to work and expected a great day.  It was, and there you have it.  Meditation, breathing, peace.

To be continued...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
You haven't won over me yet.. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino