Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pink is the NEW "Black"

I have a terrible habit of losing things; wallets, homework, keys, cameras.

I had a camera I loved and lost it at a restaurant.  Being in the wheelchair breeds bad habits.  I shove a lot of items between my thighs so I can have my hands free for things like pushing my chair when I use the manual chair.  One night I did just that.  I shoved this camera between my thighs for easy access so I could take loads of pictures of a birthday party dinner.  I did a depression (that's when I lift my body up so that the rump can have some circulation, thereby avoiding getting a pressure wound) and dislodged said camera.  Within 5 minutes it disappeared into some alternate universe.  :/

I like black because it goes with everything.  The camera was black so it was impossible to find it in a dimly lit restaurant full of dancing folks.  Black is like my life.  I like everything to blend into the background.  I don't want to stand out, I just want to enjoy the rest of my life and could care less for the most part if I make a difference or not.  If I happen to, great.  Even my Facebook ID is "Black Olive".  Some gag name created in a website called "Black Dynamite Yo' Self".  (A "B" movie that didn't do too well).

I purchased a replacement camera on eBay identical to my camera but in "hot pink".  I thought that a hot pink camera would be more difficult to lose....again.  It has been with me for several years now and is always a conversation starter.  

Since I have begun meditating I've aligned my thinking closer to a quote I read a while back.

"Once you awaken, you will have no interest in judging those who sleep"

How profound, how liberating.  I felt a freedom to not let the negativity of the world affect me, whether it be an annoying coworker, feelings of unnecessary obligation, a set back in physical therapy due to a hospitalization,and a lot of other things that I have been experiencing since injury.  I was happy to "be" and was happy to progress and learn.  I have the patience of a saint (in comparison to who I was) and a wonderful relationship with my family and myself.  I made a decision to be HAPPY!

Injury in itself liberated me from judgement from any source, a less-than-stellar past, grave mistakes that had haunted me,and self-loathing.  Acceptance of my new self has let me reintroduce the good parts of my old self into current existence. 

I am setting new goals, seeing a dietician, working my tuckus off at the gym and working on loving on people, but more importantly, I am paying it forward.  I am now the hot pink camera that doesn't mind being different yet the same and I don't mind standing out.  Every opportunity I have in conversation results in something positive coming out of my mouth and heart.

The last week has been full of exceptional moments that remind me that anything is possible and to never say "never".

Pink is the Black.....Olive.

Happy Palm Sunday.  Renew yourself and remember the meaning of this season.  Sacrifice, Faith, Renewal, and a freedom to a new life.  God bless you all.

"This is the day Jesus entered triumphantly into Jerusalem and marked, for some, the beginning of a new era in fulfillment of  Zechariah 9:9. There was incredible excitement in the city, but it was a mixed excitement. Some were glad this worker of miracles was entering the Holy City, while others were poised to end his life as a troublemaker and rebel! The events that transpired between that original Palm Sunday and the next Sunday, Resurrection Sunday, changed the world forever."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
You haven't won over me yet.. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino